KEITH A. BARKER | Curriculum Vita
Click here to download PDF version of CV.
Group Exhibition Record
- Revelations: Interrogating the Sacred.
Saint Xavier University Gallery/Beverly Art Center, Chicago, IL. Juried selection. 2013
Z.T. Johnson Gallery, Asbury University. Invitational Exhibit. 2013.
- New Beginnings.
Z.T. Johnson Gallery, Asbury University. Invitational Exhibit. 2012.
- Matter Matters.
Z.T. Johnson Gallery, Asbury University. Invitational Exhibit. 2011.
Asbury College Z.T. Johnson Gallery. Invitational Exhibit. 2010.
- CIVA 2009
Biennial Conference Invitational. 2009.
- Visual Dialogue.
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government Building. Juried Selection. Lexington, KY. 2009.
- Asbury College Faculty & Student Show. The Art Depository. Nicholasville, KY. 2008.
- Faculty Exhibits
Asbury College. 1999 - 2009.
- God With Us.
Christ Church Episcopal Cathedral Gallery, Lexington, KY. Juried Selection. 2005–2006.
- Sense of Otherness.
savannah Gallery, Atlanta, GA. Juried Selection. 2004.
- From the Glass House.
The Galerie Lumière, Savannah, GA. Juried Selection. 1999.
- E Pluribus Unum.
Savannah College of Art and Design Graduate Student Photography Show (juried). Bergen Hall Gallery. 1997.
- Silverworks 1997.
Savannah College of Art and Design Photography Department juried showcase exhibit traveled to galleries in England and France. 1997.
Solo Exhibition Record
- Town: a portrait.
- Wilmore City Hall, Wilmore, KY.
- Asbury University Gallery, Wilmore, KY
- Sacred Spaces in Central Kentucky.
- Apostles Anglican Church Gallery, Lexington, KY. 2012.
- Georgetown College Cochenour Gallery, Georgetown, KY. 2009.
- Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY. 2012 and 2009.
- Asbury College Kinlaw Library Gallery. 2007.
- French Selections: Paris & The Loire Valley.
Asbury College McCreless Gallery. 2008.
St Patrick’s Church, Lexington, KY. 2005.
- Six-Year Retrospective: Photographic Work.
Asbury College McCreless Gallery. 2004.
- Photographic Work by Keith A. Barker.
Jessamine County Public Library. 2003.
- Immortal, Invisible. Recent Photographic Offerings by Keith A. Barker.
The Gallery at The Alternative Jewelry Shop, Nicholasville, KY. 2003.
- Self-Evidence: Past, Present & Future History. M.F.A. Thesis Exhibit.
- Bergen Hall Main Gallery, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA. 1999.
- Central Bank Galleries, Lexington, KY. 2000.
- Photographic Works by Keith Barker. Senior Exhibit Merit Award winner. Asbury College. 1991.
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- R5: A Visual Arts Seminar and Studio in South Africa - Traveling exhibition of work follows two-week Seminar. Juried selection. June, 2013.
- Served as juror for Pilgrimage, an exhibit of student work; executed entirely by Asbury students. 2011.
- Chair of Art Department. Asbury University 2009–2011, 2012–present.
- Tenure Status. Asbury University. 2009.
- Faculty Development Grant for Art Department. Total awarded: $4,000. 2007.
- Lilly Endowment Departmental Mini-Grant (awarded through the Lilly “Transformations” Grant). Total awarded: $4,000. Used to bring guest artist on campus. Oversaw all aspects of the grant proposal and resulting program logistics. 2005.
- Faculty Research Grant. Total awarded: $1,600. Fall, 2003, Spring, 2004.
Publication, Collections & Writings
- Edition of one hundred prints distributed as gifts to board members and constituents. CIVA www.civa.org. 2009
- Saint Joseph’s Jessamine Ambulatory Center. Juried selection for permanent collection. Nicholasville, KY. 2008.
- Doing Time in Sacred Spaces. CIVASeen Magazine. Fall, 2008.
- Seeing Rightly: The Arts and Spiritual Vitality. Asbury Collegian article. 2007
- University of Kentucky’s Gatton College of Business & Economics. Photography for various public relations publications and web site imagery. 2006–2009.
- Principle photography for various advertisements, promotional advancement and admissions publications. Asbury Theological Seminary. 1999–2005.
- Jessamine County Public Library. Permanent Collection. 2004.
- Silverworks. Savannah College of Art and Design Photography Department showcase publication. 1997 and 1999.
- The Georgia Guardian. Weekly newspaper serving the greater Chatham County. 1996 - 1997.
- Vocation & The Arts. Co-presenter for Scholars and Critics Track, Christians in the Visual Arts 2009 Biennial Conference. Bethel University, St Paul, MN. 2009.
- Sacred Spaces in Central Kentucky. Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY. 2009.
- Life Through the Viewfinder: Beyond the Basics. Presenter and Juror at Photography Workshop. Pennyrile State Park, Dawson Springs, KY. 2008.
- Sacred Spaces in Central Kentucky. Chapel message to student body. 2007.
- Sacred Spaces in Central Kentucky. Christians in the Visual Arts National Convention. 2007.
- Visual Arts & The Church. Panelist. Asbury Theological Seminary. 2006.
- Advent. St Patrick’s Church, Lexington, KY. 2005.
- Photography: The State of the Art. Faculty presentation. Asbury College. 2006.
- Photography and the Revelation of Our Personal Histories. Faculty presentation. Asbury College. 2003.
- Don’t Just Hand Them a Fish. Association of Christian Schools International Technology Summit presentation. Asbury College. 2002.
- Master of Fine Arts | Photography. Savannah College of Art & Design. Aug., 2000. www.scad.edu
- Bachelor of Arts | Art, Photography emphasis. Asbury College, Wilmore, KY. May, 1991. www.asbury.edu
- Associate Professor Photography and Graphic Design courses taught in the Art Department. Currently serving as Department Chair. Awarded tenure status in 2009.
2000–present. | Asbury University. www.asbury.edu
- Commercial Photographer In-studio and on location projects involving groups and individuals; event coverage, and institutional publicity. 1991–present. www.kbarkerphoto.com
- Photographer, Designer Assistant Director of Communications in Photography and Electronic Publishing. Generated photographic images (film and digital) for hundreds of design projects, and saw many from conception to completion. 1999–2000. | Asbury Theological Seminary Communications Department. www.asburyseminary.edu
References and additional information are available upon request.